“If I had known it would come to this ( current socialist situation) I would not have volunteered to risk my life (for the United States government)” exclaimed veteran Johnny Henneke.
Johnny served with the US Navy in the inland waterways of Viet Nam 1968-69 during the “Police Action,” or was it war? If you were in the trenches then it was war—gruesome, bloody, hell.
And for what? Lots of opinions for sure, but it was a call by our nation to resist communism.
Johnny is a patriot. Proud to salute the flag and recite the pledge of allegiance “to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.”
So why the change of heart? Why would he “not have volunteered to risk my life?”
The list is long and gets longer and longer every day:
- The denigration of independence and accountability of the individual.
- The attacks on freedom of speech and religious liberty
- The impingement of law and order
- The prostitution of education
- The politicization of the Judiciary
- The gaping open borders and unabated flow of immigrants
- The elimination of energy self-reliance
- The tearing down of history, statues, values founding our nation
- The revisionist approach to our Constitution
- The governmental mandates regarding health care
- The racist impositions by self-possessed elite