- A night of square dancing can equal a 3 to 5-mile walk.
- It is an inexpensive family activity (tobacco/alcohol-free for the dances) that can be enjoyed by members of all ages.
- Provides Mental Stimulation by keeping the mind active and alert.
- It can help to reduce your risk of heart disease.
- It’s good for psychological well-being, because it releases tension and helps relaxation and sleep.
- It helps you handle stress, so you can do more and not tire as easily.
- Along with a proper diet, it can help control weight.
- It improves blood circulation throughout the body. The lungs, heart and other organs and muscles work together more effectively.
- It improves the body’s ability to use oxygen and provide the energy necessary for physical activity.
- It bolsters enthusiasm and optimism.
- It tones and shapes muscles.
But Most Of All: Square Dancing is Fun!
Visit Ichabod Square Dance Club Website—click HERE—for more information.